PHP is Server Side Scripting Language compatible with all known OS like Windows ,Linux etc .Nowadays, PHP frameworks are being extensively used by programmers to address to performance tuning issues faster and with ease. They offer extensible architecture and features that make source code programming easier by providing standard templates and plug-ins.Efficiency can be drastically increased using PHP Frameworks. You can choose from a plethora of frameworks tailored to satisfy your specific coding needs. Some frameworks most commonly used are Codeigniter , Zend ,Cake PHP, Smarty, etc.
The main advantages of PHP Framworks over Core PHP are as follows:
- Frameworks Like Codeigniter, Cake PHP, Zend, etc. support almost all database connections like SQL, My SQL, Oracle and ODBC.
- These superlative PHP frameworks follow MVC (Model View Controller) architecture which is a great combination of database application (model), HTML coding (view) and input/ output instructions (controller).
- It will make your code lightweight, sharp and secure.
- Frameworks speed up the development process by automatically creating functionality like CRUD so that the developer can focus on creativity than base structure.
- Using frameworks drastically reduces the time of the project as complex codes need not be typed.
- As MVC pattern is used, the code gets optomized hence will run faster.
- These frameworks have inbuilt Core Library, hence coding gets lighter as compared to the traditional way of PHP coding.
- Same code can be used in different projects with some modification . Hence recycling the code is one of the most important feature provided by the PHP frameworks.
- They have several creative functions that are prepared to have an edge in coding.
- There are functions for handling date formats, database connections, handling emails, editing strings, etc.
- PHP frameworks have their own specific debugging methodologies.
- One of the most important feature is community help. In the ever growing community you find many people ready to offer help with the frameworks and keep updated with the latest versions to enable maximum usability .