Some features of Selenium include:
- Auto complete for all common Selenium Commands
- Easy record and Playback
- Walk through tests
- Debug & Set breakpoints
- Save test as HTML, Ruby Scripts or any other format
- Supports for Selenium user-extension .js file
Components of Selenium:
There are three major components of Selenium; each one has a specific role in aiding the development of web application test automation. The components are as follows,
- Selenium IDE (Integrated development Environment)
- Selenium RC (Remote Control)
- Selenium Grid
Selenium IDE is used for building the selenium test cases. It operates as a Firefox add-on and provides an easy-to-use interface for developing and running individual test cases or entire test suites.
Selenium RC supports various programming languages like HTML, Java, C#, Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby. It allows the tester to use these programming languages for maximum flexibility and extensibility in developing test logic.
It supports selenium RC to run in multiple environments. These test suites can be run on multiple operating systems and browsers simultaneously.