What is Google AdSense ?
Google AdSense is an ad serving application which is owned and run by Google Inc. Owners of a website can enroll this program and enable text, image and video ads on their web pages. These advertisements are administered by Google and they help in generating money on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
What are the different types of AdSense ?
* AdSense for Content
This is the way for displaying the advertisements on the web pages of the websites. The content for teh advertisement is based on the content of the website most of the times.
* AdSense for Feeds
Images is inserted into a feed. When the image is displayed by a RSS reader or web browser, Google writes the advertisement into the image. The content is chosen based on the content of the feed surrounding the image. When the user clicks the image, he or she is redirected to the advertiser’s website.
* AdSense for search
AdSense for search allows website owners to place Google search boxes on their websites. When a user searches the Internet or the website with the search box then the publisher is paid if the advertisements on the page are clicked.
* AdSense for mobile content
* AdSense for domains
AdSense for domains allows adverisers to place their ads on the domains which are yet to be developed. This helps the owners of the domain names to cash in the not developed websites domains which are useless unless developed.
* AdSense for video
AdSense for video allows publishers with video content to generate revenue using ad placements from Google’s extensive advertising network including popular YouTube videos.
How to get the AdSense code ?
1) Sign up at Google AdSense account from https://www.google.com/adsense
2) Start with AdSense Setup. Choose the type of product which you want as per your requirements.
For example : AdSense for content which is used to place ads on your website or AdSense for search to add a search box to a website.
3) Follow the step by step process to choose the format, size and colors. Also, a facillity to add additional options such as channels and alternate ads also can be applied to the site.
4) Hence, the code will be generated in the ad code window as per the selections.
5) Finally copy the generated code and insert in the page and save.